Tech fans from around the world are always looking for the latest updates and features that technology has to offer. Be it the launch of a new product or the update of an existing one, the excitement is the same either way. To quench your thirst for tech news and events here is a gist of all the major happenings from around the world:
Segment 1: Global Launches
LG Velvet for the USA
- LG’s Velvet just got launched in the US on 22nd July following its launch in South Korea and several European countries. It is now available in the US market for $599, from AT&T.
- It has a striking new look for LG, complete with a 6.8-inch OLED screen and IP68-rated waterproofing. The Velvet will be offered in Aurora Gray, Aurora Silver, Aurora Red, and Pink White. There’s just a single configuration of the Velvet that has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage with microSD card support.
- It comes with the Snapdragon 765G, which has a built-in 5G modem, much like the new OnePlus Nord.
Oppo Reno 4 Global Launch Date Announced
- The Oppo Reno4 & the Pro version has hit China in June and in India has been announced as July 31, 12:30 pm.
- Meanwhile, a notable tipster has suggested that the Oppo Watch will likely arrive in India on the same day. However, the company is yet to confirm this development.
- Oppo tweeted that the Oppo Reno 4 Pro will come with a 6.5-inch display with a 90Hz refresh rate and “3D borderless sense screen.” The display offers a near bezel-less experience with its 92.01 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- The Oppo Reno 4 Pro that was launched in China comes with a triple camera setup at the back with a 48-megapixel primary camera, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera, and a 13-megapixel telephoto camera.
- The phone has a 4,000mAh battery include an in-display fingerprint sensor, 5G, 32-megapixel selfie camera, is powered by Snapdragon 765G Chipset paired with up to 12GiG of RAM and up to 256GB of storage.
- The Oppo Reno 4 Pro will be available to purchase via Flipkart and Amazon. While you have to wait for the announcement in its pricing and availability details.
Segment 2: India Launches
HP Powerhouse Gaming Portfolio
- HP unveiled its new OMEN Laptops and accessories on Wednesday. It also introduced the first 16” Pavilion Gaming laptop.
- It also made updates to the OMEN Command Center, all designed for today’s gamer to play their best while pushing the limits of what their devices can do. It offers “First of its kind” hardware technologies with unmatched power without any compromise.
- OMEN 15 (Intel) is available at a starting price of Rs. 79,999 and OMEN 15 (AMD) is available at a starting price of Rs. 75,999.
- Pavilion Gaming 16 (Intel) is available at a starting price of Rs. 70,999, while the pavilion gaming 16 (AMD) is available at a starting price of Rs. 59,999.
One Plus Nord
- OnePlus just had a one-of-its-kind Augmented Reality launch for its much talked about – OnePlus Nord which starts at Rs. 24,999
- The base model offers 6GB RAM and 64GB storage, while the 8GB RAM 128GB storage option carries a price tag of Rs. 27,999 and the top-end 12GB RAM 256GB storage model is priced at Rs. 29,999.
- The Nord houses a quad-camera set-up on the back consisting of a 48MP main lens, along with 119-degree ultra-wide, depth, and macro lenses of 8MP, 5MP, and 2MP, respectively.
- It also has a 90 Hz Fluid Display for faster and more reactive touch and swipe and is available in two colour variants – Gray and Blue
- The phone will sport a 4100 mAh battery, and Warp Charge. The device also comes with 5G support and runs on the android 10-based OxygenOS.
Redmi Note 9
- Redmi Note 9 has been launched in India as the latest affordable smartphone by Xiaomi. The new model is the third in the Redmi Note 9 series — after the Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max.
- The new member of Redmi family comes in three storage variants – 4GB + 64GB at Rs 11,999, 4GB + 128GB at Rs 13,499 and 6GB + 128GB at Rs 14,999.
- It’s available in three colours – Pebble Grey, Arctic White, and Aqua Green.
- The dual-SIM Redmi Note 9 runs on Android 10 with MIUI 11 on top.
- It features a 6.53-inch full-HD+ Dot Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Inside, the phone has an octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 chipset, coupled with up to 6Gig of RAM.
- It has a quad rear camera set-up With a 5,020mAh battery with a 22.5W fast charger in the box. The company claims a two-day battery life,
- Amid Indo-Sino border tension, the Chinese smartphone maker claims that the all-new Redmi Note 9 is NOW ‘Made In India’.
Jabra Elite 45h
- Danish wearable gadget-maker Jabra launched the Elite 45h on-ear headphones on Wednesday. The headphones aim to offer a long battery life of up to 50 hours and claim to offer up to 10 hours of battery life within just 15 minutes. They are priced around Rs 10,000.
- The device features Jabra MySound to optimize and personalize sound experiences based on individual hearing profiles.
- It has an on-ear form factor and features ear cushions made of PU leather material. There is also the single-fold design that lets the headphones lie flat and fit easily into a bag.
- The speakers enable music to be delivered while the dual-mic design removes noise around so one can enjoy crystal clear calls.
Nikon Z5 Camera
- The Nikon Z5 entry-level full-frame mirrorless camera has just been launched in India. This is currently Nikon’s most affordable Z-series camera with a full-frame sensor.
- The new camera fills an all-important void between the Nikon Z6 and the Nikon Z50. With this lens, the Z5 will be available at a bundled price of Rs. 1,36,995.
- The Nikon Z5 has a five-axis stabilizer and all feature a new, 24.3-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor that is not a backlit unit.
You get a 3.6 million dot resolution electronic viewfinder and a tilting rear 3.2-inch LCD display with touch support.
Samsung to launch 5 new devices on August 5
- Samsung is all set to host its Galaxy Unpacked event on August 5 and has now confirmed that it will unveil as many as five products at the event next month.
- the company, via a recent teaser, has already confirmed that the Galaxy Fold 2 will launch at the event.
- There may be three variants in the Galaxy Note 20 series this time around – the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20+, and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
Vivo S7 price and specs leaked
- Vivo S7 price and specifications have been leaked online. While the Chinese company is yet to officially confirm the existence of the device, a tipster has leaked the specifications of the alleged Vivo S7 device on Weibo.
- The source claims that the Vivo S7 will launch with a price label of approximately Rs. 32,100. This price will reportedly be for the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variant. The company is also said to offer the 256GB storage option, which will be available for roughly Rs. 35,300).
- As per the leaked details, the new Vivo phone will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset and dual selfie cameras. It is also likely to feature an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- If rumors and leaks are to be believed, the Vivo S7 will launch with a 44-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL GH1 primary selfie sensor. It will be assisted by an 8-megapixel secondary sensor along with a super-wide-angle lens. The upcoming Vivo S7 smartphone might be a successor to the current Vivo S6 phone.
Smartphone Shipments drop, Xiaomi worst affected
- Smartphone shipments have seen a drastic fall in the April-June period due to the coronavirus lockdown. Phone shipments fell 48 percent on the year, as mentioned in a report by Canalys.
- Around 17.3 million smartphones were shipped in the quarter, as compared to 33 million in the previous year.
- market leader Xiaomi saw a dramatic fall as its shipments fell 48 percent