There are almost unlimited hidden features in your Android smartphone, doesn’t matter which brand of phone you’re using. If you’re determined enough you can even turn your ordinary smartphone into a productivity powerhouse and use it as your only work device.
However, getting the most use out of your smartphone is a different task altogether. Which is why here are five amazing android tips and tricks that you need to know in 2020.
Top 5 Tips And Tricks For Your Android Smartphone
1. Floating Tabs
If you’re a person who loves multi-tasking then this amazing android trick is for you. With Floating tabs, you can multitask between different apps. For example, you can watch an Instagram video while writing some notes, or you can make a video call while matches of Call of Duty Mobile.
You can enable floating tabs directly if your phone runs on Android 10 and for the rest of the users, they can use an application to multitask.
Android 10 users can follow these steps.
- Go to settings
- Scroll down to developer option. If you’re not already a developer tap on “Developer options” until a message pops up saying “You’re a developer.”
- Once inside, scroll down and enable two options: “Force activities to be resizable” and “Enable freeform windows.”
- Reboot for the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot, click on the menu button, select any tab by long-pressing it and click on “Freeform” option.
You can now enjoy applications in small resizable tabs.
For users running Android 9 or older software, downloading the app called “Taskbar” will do the trick.
2. Accessibility Features
Do you have a list of most used features that you simply can’t live without? Do you find it annoying that you’ve to open two or three settings menus in order to access them? Well, the accessibility features might just be the most useful trick for you.
These features place a small icon near the bottom of your screen having access to a ton of features like shutdown button, screenshot etc.
To enable accessibility features, follow these steps.
- Go into settings
- Select accessibility options and click on “enable.”
Upon doing so a small icon will appear on the lower right-hand side of your screen. It’ll give you easy access to a bunch of settings, tools and handy features.
3. Copy Multiple Texts Using Gboard
Copy and paste is a very useful feature. Often times we have to copy more than one paragraph from a document for several different reasons. And you can do exactly that by using Gboard.
To copy multiple texts from a paragraph, follow these steps.
- Open your default Android keyboard and click on three dots on the right side.
- Select “Clipboard” option.
- Enable the necessary permissions.
And you’re done! Now you can easily go through different texts that you’ve copied.
4. Lite Mode
If you’re a person who travels a lot for work and therefore relies on your Mobile data to access the internet, then this Android tip is very useful for you.
Google Chrome has an inbuilt “Lite Mode” which consumes 60% less data while giving equally fast internet speed. The developers of Chrome themselves endorse the “Lite Mode” for their users.
To enable “Lite Mode” on Goole Chrome, here’s what you need to do.
- Open Goole Chrome and click on the three dots on top
- Go into settings
- In here, you’ll easily find “Lite Mode”
Enable it and you’re good to go. Now you can conserve a ton of your mobile data whenever you’re on the move.
5. Pause WhatsApp Status Video
This last trick is especially for WhatsApp users. Ever since the format of “Stories” became popular every social media platform, including WhatsApp has graciously adopted it.
Often times when we want to see a lengthy WhatsApp status of our friends, we need to keep the screen held with our fingers, in order to stop the stories from disappearing.
However, if you want to read or watch stories without holding the screen down, here’s a solution.
- Open the WhatsApp status you wish to watch
- As the status is being played, use three fingers to click on the screen
By doing so the status you’re watching will stop in place and you can read the story at your own pace.
So, these were a few Android tip and trick that you can make use of in 2021. Once you begin exploring, you’ll find that Android is an OS with thousands of hidden features. Most of them might not be worth your time at all, but sometimes you may just strike gold.