Discord is a popular chat application among the gamer community. Back in July 2022, Microsoft launched the Discord Voice option on Xbox as a test rollout for ‘Xbox Insiders’. Following the extensive and exclusive rollout of this new feature, Discord Voice is now available for all Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles. Read below to know more about the Xbox Discord Voice feature:
To get started with Discord Voice on Xbox, all you need to do is access the Discord mobile application, link the Discord account to your Xbox and Join the Discord Voice channel or transfer it to your Xbox console. Xbox, in its official announcement, noted that this new feature will make it easy for users to connect with friends across platforms like mobile, PC and Xbox.
Things to know
- Features usually found in the Xbox Party chat will not be supported in Discord voice channels. Features like inviting everyone to the game, Switching to game chat, View Profile cards, Join the game, and more will not be available through the Discord voice channel
- Switching between Discord voice channels on consoles is not yet supported. Users will have to retransfer audio from Discord again in order to switch to a voice channel.
- Discord Friends and Xbox friends cannot be mixed. While the Discord voice channel will specifically contain Discord friends, Xbox party chat will only contain Xbox friends.
- Xbox live streaming will not support Discord voice channel broadcast
How to use Discord voice channel on Xbox
- On your mobile device, open the Discord app
- Tap ‘Connections’ then the ‘ ADD’ button in the top right corner
- Select the ‘Xbox’ option and follow the instructions to link the two accounts
- Once done, you’ll be able to use the voice channel feature from Discord on Xbox