Anthony Pompliano is a founder and partner, at Morgan Creek Digital, a pioneering asset manager that invests capital on behalf of institutional investors in the Bitcoin and crypto ecosystem. He is also the founder of – Off the Chain, the most famous podcast and regular newsletter in the industry. Mr. Pompliano developed and sold a variety of businesses prior to his work at Morgan Creek Digital, before overseeing various Product & Development teams at Facebook and Snapchat.
He played football at Bucknell University prior to working in tech and worked on a duty tour in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
His ability to think critically has greatly influenced his business: a multi-strategy investment company aimed at providing strategic customers with access to blockchain technology and digital assets. This has also enabled him to become one of the leading lights in the transition of cryptocurrency.
He even hosts The Pomp Podcast that covers interviews with venture capital and crypto industry superstars such as Chamath Palihapitiya, Mark Cuban, etc.
- In Sep, a new investment fund focused on his individual and brand identity was introduced.
- Morgan Creek is investing $50 million in BlockFi crypto lenders.
Best tweets by Mr.Pompliano:
- “Blockchain is to the next 150 years what the combustion engine was to the last 150 years.
One changed the way we transported things in the physical world.
Blockchain changed the way we transport things in the digital world.
Don’t miss out on the revolution.”
- “There are millions of people around the world who own cryptocurrencies. 10 years from now, it will be billions.”
- “Goldman Sachs NASDAQ New York Stock Exchange Bloomberg JP Morgan. They’re all jumping into crypto. It’s happening. We’re going mainstream.”
- Anthony Pompliano has spent much of his recent years singing the praises of cryptocurrency, with a special focus on bitcoin. In 2019 he admitted to holding half of his assets in bitcoin, which “Shark Tank” investor Kevin O’Leary lambasted him for, calling the move “crazy.”
- Later, Pompliano revealed that he had even raised the percentage of his money that was invested in bitcoin to around 80 percent of his total assets. His solo firm Pomp Investments invests in early-stage companies and his estimated net worth isn’t known.
Since Snapchat had drawn him away from Facebook with the promise of a $240,000 annual salary plus $3.5 million in stock options that would be vested after four years, Pompliano claimed that he would have had $5 million at the time of the suit if he hadn’t been terminated so quickly.Pompliano also co-founded and became a partner at Full Tilt Capital, an investment firm focused on early-stage companies. Full Tilt Capital eventually was acquired by Morgan Creek Capital. Through Morgan Creek Capital’s backing, Pompliano co-founded Morgan Creek Digital Assets, which specializes in blockchain and digital assets.
One reason Pompliano is optimistic about bitcoin is that it will hold value regardless of global instability. He said in a Squawk Box interview on CNBC that people might invest in bitcoin because it’s “controlled by software and cannot be manipulated by a single country or politician.”.He is marked as the crypto bull and enthusiast for bitcoin.
Read more about blockchain : Bitcoin: The Arbitrary Ruler!