The Taiwanese chipset company, MediaTek, had announced their 2022 flagship processor, Dimensity 9000. The processor aims at the upper end of the mid-range smartphones. Now, they have announced the launch of two new 5G smartphone chipsets, Dimensity 8000 and 8100.
The MediaTek Dimensity 8000 features an octa-core CPU, inclusive of 4 Arm Cortex-A78 cores clocked at as much as 2.75GHz and 4 Arm Cortex-A55 cores clocked at as much as 2.0GHz. The SoC packs an Arm Mali-G610 MC6 GPU for gaming and graphics-extensive tasks.
The GPU can force an FHD+ show at a full refresh charge of 168Hz and aid for 4K AV1 media decoding. The Dimensity 8000 uses the Imagiq 780 ISP for imaging, which assists in simultaneous twin digital digicam HDR video recording, 200MP digital digicam aid, AI-Motion unblurs AI-NR/HDR photos, and 2x lossless zoom.
The MediaTek Dimensity 8100 is a minor step up from the Dimensity 8000. It additionally functions as an octa-middle CPU providing 4 Arm Cortex-A78 cores and 4 Arm Cortex-A55 cores. However, the Cortex-A78 overall performance cores at the Dimensity 8100 can accelerate to 2.85GHz.
The octa-middle CPU is paired with the identical Mali-G610 MC6 GPU. MediaTek claims that the Dimensity 8100 improves gaming overall performance with 20% extra GPU frequency over the Dimensity 8000 and over 25-tier CPU power-performance over preceding Dimensity chips.
The Dimensity 8100 additionally functions the identical Imagiq 780 ISP, which gives simultaneous twin digital digicam HDR video recording, 200MP digital digicam support, 4K60 HDR10+ video capture, AI-Motion
unblur, AI-NR/HDR photos, and 2X lossless zoom.
- CPU: Dimensity 8000 will be 4x Arm Cortex-A78 @ up to 2.75GHz and 4x Arm Cortex-A55 @ up to 2.0GHz. Whereas Dimensiy 8100 will be 4x Arm Cortex-A78 @ up to 2.85GHz and 4x Arm Cortex-A55 @ up to 2.0GHz
- Display: Dimensity 8000 chipsets will display Maximum On-Device Display support: FHD+ @168Hz and its counterpart 8100 will be Maximum On-Device Display support: FHD+ @ 168Hz / WQHD+ @ 120Hz.
- AI: Dimensity 8000 and 8100 will have 5th Gen APU 580.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.3, Bluetooth LE Audio Technology with Dual-Link True Wireless Stereo Audio, and WiFi 6E 2×2 are connection modes.
- Camera: Dimensity 8000 and 8100 will be shipped with 200 megapixels camera, but the onus of providing the feature lies with the manufacturers. Along with this, the chipsets will also allow a 4K video recording feature.
- Internet: Faster internet speeds will be provided, and the smartphones will have dual 5G standby support.
- Manufacturing Process: 5nm production process by TSMC are used to build the chipsets.
- Dimensity 8100 enjoys slightly higher performance cores at a speed of 2.85GHz than Dimensity 8000 at performance cores of 8.75Ghz.
- A higher screen resolution of FHD+ @ 168Hz / WQHD+ @ 120Hz is available in the Dimensity 8100; on the other hand, Dimenity 8000 has only FHD+ @168Hz.
Rest all the specifications and hardware are similar in the newly launched Dimensity 8100 and 8000.