Luxury carmaker BMW has launched its 220i Sport in India. It comes with a truckload of features at a manageable price. But the luxury sedan promises to offer a lot more than just comfort. That said, here are ten interesting facts about the new luxury car.
10 Interesting Facts About BMW 220i Sport In India
- It is locally-produced at BMW Group Plant Chennai.
- It gets the BMW TwinPower Turbo two-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that makes 190 hp and 280 Nm torque at 1350- 4600 rpm.
- The car takes just 7.1 seconds to accelerate from 0 -100 km/hr.
- The BMW 220i Sport offers many features like Sports seats (for drivers and front passengers) and an Ambient Light package with illuminated Interior Trim, Panorama Glass Sunroof, BMW Live Cockpit Plus. The vehicle also gets Performance Control and Parking Assist with Reverse Assist.
- The car is available for an ex-showroom starting price of Rs 37,90,000
- The 220i Sport distinguishes itself with its stretched silhouette, four frameless doors and prominent shoulders with a side taper at the C-pillar, which gives it a sporty, low and broad-set stance.
- It gets an enormous 430 litres luggage compartment that users can expand by folding down the 40/20/40 split rear seat backrest. Users can fold down the back seat entirely to create more space.
- The illuminated trim, which is segment-first, retains a regular appearance in daylight but functions as decorative lighting elements with a space-shaping effect in the dark.
- Using the Driving Experience Control switch, the driver can choose between different driving modes to suit the driving conditions – ECO PRO, Comfort and Sport.
- It gets an 8.8-inch Control Display with touch functionality, 3D Navigation, and a 5.1-inch digital instrument cluster with analogue dials.These features not only make the BMW 220i Sport a strong competitor in its segment, but they also greatly enhance the creature comforts offered to the occupants, as well as its value for money parameter.