Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced the launch of the new Audi S5 Sportback in India. Powering the latest Audi S5 Sportback is a 3.0-litre, twin-turbo TFSI petrol engine delivering 354 hp and 500 Nm of torque, mated to an 8-speed Tiptronic gearbox that sends power to all four wheels. The four-door sports coupe is being brought to India via the CBU route and is priced at Rs 79.06 lakhs (ex-showroom).
Commenting on the announcement, Mr Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “The Audi S5 Sportback is the second product launch this year, and we are excited to launch this beauty in India. The Audi S5 Sportback stands out for its distinctive styling, engaging driving experience, on the one hand, everyday usability and five-seat comfort on the other. Glamorous, powerful and practical, it is an enticing proposition for buyers who want it all. The introduction of the Audi S5 Sportback will further strengthen our performance cars portfolio in the country.”
The Audi S5 Sportback receives revised styling elements that add in even more visual drama. The Singleframe grille is now with sleeker slits above, forming a link to the iconic Audi Sport Quattro from 1984. S model bumpers with more oversized air intakes and a slick blade that includes the lower edge of the front bumper also lend the Audi S5 Sportback a bolder look. The 48.26 cm, five double-arm S Design alloy wheels and optional red brake callipers add to the sportiness of the S5 Sportback. Simultaneously, the redone diffuser only helps embellish the perfect proportions and flowing four-door coupe shape.
Inside, the Audi S5 Sportback offers a brilliant blend of comfort and sportiness. A flat-bottomed steering wheel, sporty front seats and Alcantara leather upholstery set the tone for the cabin. Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus, an updated MMI system and a panoramic glass sunroof are amongst other highlights inside. A heads-up display and a 19 speaker, 755W Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound system with 3D sound are optional upgrades available to buyers.
At the heart of the Audi S5 Sportback is a 3.0-litre TFSI engine with direct and indirect fuel injection, turbo-charging, and Audi valvelift, putting out 354 hp and 500 Nm of torque. All this power is sent to all four wheels via Quattro permanent all-wheel drive, with a self-locking differential, and propels the car to 100 km/h in a quick 4.8 seconds.
Mr Dhillon further added, “With the introduction of new products, we focus on customer delight across segments. Our sales in tier-II and III cities are also growing, and we expect it to pick up further during the year. 2021 is an exciting year for Audi India, and customers will be thrilled with what lies ahead for the brand Audi. All I can say at this moment is, stay tuned for lots of action in the coming months!”
Customers can visit the official website and experience the Audi S5 Sportback in Augmented Reality. Through Augmented Reality and the 360-degree product visualiser, customers can view the inside and outside of the Audi S5 Sportback and book it online from the comfort of their home or register their interest at the nearest Audi India dealership. Potential customers and enthusiasts also get access to features including Augmented Reality, placement of test drive requests, product brochures, and service cost calculators, amongst other things, on the latest version of the ‘myAudi Connect’ App.
Effortless grace and intelligent design
- Large surfaces, sharp edges, an exciting play of light and shadow – the exterior design of the S5 embodies the progressive Audi design language.
- Striking shoulder line arches dynamically above the wheel housing.
- The wide, low single-frame grille features three-dimensional aluminium struts and is flanked by standard Matrix LED headlights.
- U-shaped clasps structure large, pentagonal air inlets, partly filled with honeycomb grilles and separate openings, allowing direct airflow into the wheel housing for improved aerodynamics.
- Exterior mirrors have aluminium-look housing, and the powerfully contoured side sills are particularly eye-catching.
- The Audi S5 Sportback has a spoiler integrated into the luggage compartment lid. LED rear lights with dynamic turn signals are standard.
- There is a choice of eight paint finishes, including Turbo Blue, Daytona Gray, and Tango red.
- The 48.26 cm, five double-arm S-style Graphite Gray alloys and optional red brake callipers add to the sportiness of the Audi S5 Sportback.
Users can select an optional black styling package to make the Audi S5 Sportback stand out even more.
Style and functionality
- Horizontal lines characterise the design. A wide band of air vents, an elegant air conditioning panel, and a large decorative surface define the instrument panel layout.
- The large glass panoramic sunroof provides a glorious view of the sky from inside the car.
- Electrically adjustable front Sports seats with driver-side memory are standard.
- Seat coverings are available in a leather/Alcantara combination, and you can choose from the Black and Rotor Gray colours.
- The illuminated door sill strips, the sport leather flat-bottom steering wheel with multifunction plus, and the clasp on the Tiptronic selector lever bear the S logo with a red rhombus.
- The pedal caps and footrest are stainless steel; the inlays are made of matt-brushed aluminium with additional options to choose from.
- Contour Ambient lighting that you can control and choose from 30 different colours.
- The S5 Sportback features 3-zone automatic air conditioning as standard.
Controls and infotainment:
Well-connected and informed
- The MMI system onboard the S5 model offers a highly modern control logic.
- Features an intelligent free-text search function and a voice control function that recognises inputs from everyday speech.
- Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus offers a fully digital instrument cluster for the flexible and need-based display of information relevant to the driver.
- Innovative, fully digital 31.24 cm instrument cluster in full HD resolution, Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus comes with three customisable view modes: Sport, S performance & Dynamic.
- The optional heads-up display projects essential data onto the windshield as symbols and digits.
- The infotainment system is modular, with MMI navigation plus MMI touch and a 25.65 cm monitor topping the infotainment range.
- Audi Sound system is standard and can be upgraded to Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound system with a 3D sound with 19 speakers with a maximum of 755W.
- The Audi smartphone interface helps you get easy access to your phone system, navigation, music, and third-party apps via the MMI touch display or smartphone.
- The optionally available Audi Park Assist works in tandem with the Parking System to identify suitable bay and kerb-sized parking spaces using ultrasonic sensors. While the driver accelerates and changes gears, the system automatically steers the vehicle during parking.
- Optional Comfort Key with sensor-controlled luggage compartment release.
3.0 TFSI: Firepower
- The 3.0 TFSI, V6 petrol engine, uses turbocharging and a combination of direct injection and indirect injection for best efficiency and performance.
- The output is 354 hp (260 kW), and 500 Nm of torque is available between 1,370 and 4,500 rpm.
- A sporty exhaust note provides a fitting soundtrack
- The start-stop system helps reduce fuel consumption and CO₂ emissions by switching the engine off when the vehicle is stationary. Users can deactivate the system at any time via a button.
The eight-speed Tiptronic: lightning-fast and smooth
- The 3.0 TFSI transmits its power to a lightning-fast and smooth-shifting eight-speed Tiptronic transmission system.
- Lower gears feature short, sporty ratios, while the upper gears are long enough to reduce revs and fuel consumption.
- Let the torque converter automatic transmission work independently, or one can choose to switch to manual for more control.
- Shift sequence and connection logic are optimised for the rapid development of traction.
Quattro permanent all-wheel drive and sporty suspension:
- Self-locking centre differential with Quattro permanent all-wheel-drive system transfers power from the eight-speed Tiptronic to all four wheels.
- Torque is typically distributed in a ratio of 40:60 between the front and rear axle.
- S Sports Suspension is standard and can be upgraded to the sophisticated S Sports Suspension with Damper Control that contributes to the sporty driving dynamics of the Audi S5 Sportback.
- The S Sports suspension with Damper Control comes with damper settings for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.