BMW Motorrad recently launched the updated 1250 GS twins in India. Along with aesthetic updates, the off-roaders also get a host of electronic and mechanical updates. Here are some of the most interesting ones:
- The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure get light white solid paint and ice grey solid colour in their respective basic colour versions.
- The optional Style Triple Black enhances the two motorcycles with the Blackstorm metallic/black / agate grey colour combination.
- The limited ‘40 Years GS’ edition scheme is dedicated to the ‘40 Years GS’ anniversary. It honours the iconic BMW R 100 GS and comes in black and yellow.
- New lighting functions, cruising light, and function-integrated turn indicator bulbs are available as optional equipment.
- Both models feature the powerful 1254cc, twin-cylinder in-line Boxer engine, producing 136 bhp with a maximum torque of 143 Nm.
- The variable camshaft control BMW ShiftCam is a new technology that increases power across the entire engine speed range.
- It also offers reduced emission and fuel consumption levels, optimised running smoothness and refinement.
- The standard Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) ensures the best possible traction.
- The set-off assistant Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) is a standard feature in both models and noticeably improves the starting function in all conditions.
- Comfort features now include heated grips, two power sockets as standard for charging smartphones and other compatible devices.
- A 12-volts onboard socket is installed under the rider’s seat. A USB-A socket with a 5-volt power supply is also available for quick charging.
- Both motorcycles are equipped with a 6.5-inch full-colour TFT display. Integrating operation via the BMW Motorrad multi-controller gives the rider quick access to vehicle and connectivity functions.
- Riders can use phone and media functions without having to install an app.
- In addition, the BMW Motorrad Connected app offers everyday-suitable and practice-oriented arrow navigation directly via the TFT display.
- The new BMW R 1250 GS and the new BMW R 1250 GS Adventure will be available as Completely Built-up Units (CBU) and can be booked at BMW Motorrad dealerships with a base price of Rs 20.45 lakhs (ex-showroom)